Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Module 8

Well I have certainly learned something new today! I found the whole concept of RSS feeds and Google Reader to be quite interesting and can see that it would be a really valuable tool especially for people who use the internet often. Basically it allows you access to all the latest information from your favourite websites without you having to visit each and everyone. Through Google Reader you can subscribe to those websites that provide RSS feeds and have up to date information sent to you. The videos that I watched were really helpful and made it easy for me to understand how it all works. Using RSS feeds and Google Reader would certainly save lots of time and seems to be a more efficient way of accessing information from your favourite websites. The accessibility of it makes it more appealing to me. I see this tool as something that I would use either personally or professionally, rather than a tool to be used in the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine!
    I agree with you..these are great tools available to us and easy to use! I too would use them myself ( and I do )rather than my students however I can see that older students would find them useful.
    You are really powering on through the Modules! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete