Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Module 7

In this module I have learnt about delicious and even though I was aware of delicious before I had not really understood what it was all about. However, after completing this module I have discovered that delicious is really an online bookmark which enables you to access all your favourite websites from any computer anywhere!! Not only can you access these sites but you are also able to share them with others. I think that delicious is really versatile either for yourself to keep your own bookmarks easily accessible or as a way of sharing great websites with your colleagues or friends. At our school we have a delicious account and now that I have a better understanding of delicious I think I will find this much easier to use. In terms of using it with students I think it would probably work better with primary students. For example a teacher can create accounts for individual students to access. In this way the teacher maintains control and can monitor the students use, ensuring that it is being used appropriately and for educational purposes. Another way that it could be used in the classroom would be for the teacher to create a class account and then bookmark sites that relate to what the students are learning in class. Overall I think delicious is a versatile tool that can really save you lots of time while online as it is so accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment