Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Module 9

This module has been really interesting as I have really discovered some new things. I think Scootle is a fantastic resource for classroom teachers with so many great ideas for student learning. Basically it provides a wide range of digital curriculum resources including images, audio files, movie clips and interactive learning objects. The user guide and FAQs are excellent for first time users to gain an insight into this resource making it very user friendly and accessible. I was quite impressed with Scootle and think its a great online resource.
The social networking component of this module was also really interesting. Although I don't personally use Facebook etc my own children love it as a way of keeping in contact with friends. I think that our children and students need to be aware of the negative aspects of using these social networking sites so that they use them safely and appropriately. That way their experience will be enjoyable and responsible. I can understand why the younger generation love these sites as they make connecting with people so much faster and easier and more enjoyable. After watching the videos about Second Life (which is a 3D virtual world) I could see that it may be relevant to use in certain subject areas but I see it as being more suitable for high school students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment