Saturday, November 13, 2010

Module10

Well, here I am having just finished Module 10 and I guess this image sums up how I'm feeling at the moment!! This module has given me an insight into wikis and nings which are a great way of communicating with others, particularly when there is a group of people trying to organise and co-ordinate information. I was already aware of wikis but I really only had  a basic understanding of them. The video really helped me to understand how they worked and how easy they are to use. I think it would be great to have a class wiki as all students can contribute to it. Nings on the other hand were really quite new to me as I had not previously used them. Basically they allow people to share common ideas and interests. In terms of education I think nings are probably a tool that I would use rather than the students.
I think that Web 2.0 will definitely assist in improving student learning outcomes. The use of technology is so integral to our students lives and as a result any experience or exposure to new tools can only enhance their experience. Using the Web 2.0 tools really allows students to be creative, to be engaged and involved. There are just so many possibilities and opportunities for them. Firstly in their learning about the various tools they are becoming more knowledgeable about technology and secondly they are then able to apply this knowledge by actively using these tools in various KLA's. I think that the students of this generation will be more open to learning if technology is involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment