Sunday, August 8, 2010

Module 2

In this module I have discovered blogs and how they can be used. I was surprised to find out that it wasn't really too difficult to create my own blog. Having to add to the blog throughout the course will really help me to become more confident and more familiar with this Web 2.0 tool. A blog is basically like an online journal and as such I can see that they could be very relevant for students. They provide another way for children to communicate and share their ideas, as well as giving them the opportunity to practise writing skills. Also by posting comments on each others blogs they are also learning how to reflect and provide feedback appropriately to others. Teachers could also use blogs for posting topics for classroom discussions as it would be a good way for all students to have their say in a non-threatening way, especially for those students who may be reluctant to share their thoughts in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment